We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Last Updated on
Sometimes you come up with a great blog story. You know it will drive you a lot of traffic but you have a problem. None knows about your great blog post. In order to get maximum attention you need to spread the word around. This is where the social / bookmark networks come handy.
What is a social / bookmark network?
It’s a place where you can share your stories or bookmarks with others. Take blog reporter for example. You submit your blog story to the network, allowing other members to vote and comment on it.
More popular stories that receive a certain number of votes get promoted to the front page. Most social networks are different. Some even allow you to export a large number of bookmarks straight from your browser.
Why social networks?
1) Social networks get a lot of traffic due to their nature. Users often return to read the latest stories and share their own.
2) Readers are usually only one click away from your blog. A popular submission can bring you thousands of daily visitors.
3) Most social networks are free and take seconds to register and submit your first entry.
4) You will be surprised when you see the amount of other websites that use feeds from various social networks. A good story can spread across the network like wild fire.
5) If your story will not get to the front page you can always submit another one. In most cases there is no limit on the amount of stories you can submit.
6) Most social networks are search engine friendly. Not only your story will be picked up by major search engines in no time, in most cases you will also get a reciprocal link. Some social networks have very good google page rank (PR)
Tips and Tricks You’ll Wanna Try
1) An interesting, catchy story is often a must. Your main target is to get promoted to the front page by getting enough votes. You need to convince other readers to vote for your story. Strange, shocking and controversial stories often do well.
2) You can always ask your friends to join and vote for you in order to get more votes. Don’t create fake accounts because you will simply get banned.
3) The more stories you submit the better. If you want a steady flow of traffic you will need a steady flow of submissions.
4) Just enjoy your experience. I certainly find it more interesting compared to other methods of blog promotion, such as link development.
There are a lot of various social networks around. Simple search on google should do the trick. I personally recommend blog reporter because it is the first personal publishing network designed especially for blogs.